The way this project began goes back at least four years. I had an antique mirror that initally belonged over a dresser. I found it alone, discarded by it's owner and decided it needed to come home with me. I set it on top of a small bookcase by the front door. Yes, I left it there, leaning against the wall, just inviting disaster. Well, the mirror sat there like that for several years until one day, I decided to move a curio cabinet upstairs....needless to say, the mirror became a casualty.
I loved the frame and held onto it, not being able to do anything with it, until one day I thought about using it as a frame...not for a mirror, but for something craftsy.
My search began in earnest. I had no idea what could fit into that particular size and shape. I looked all over the web, but nothing called out to me. finally one night, feeling defeated and frustrated, I decided I would make something for it.